This Privacy Notice explains how we (HarperWells) will use your personal information. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are a data controller and sometimes use third parties to process your data on our behalf.
Personal data we collect
When you register on the site (harperwells.com) you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including your name, postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, date of birth and title.
- The password you set for your account, is stored encrypted, by our e-commerce service provider, it is not known to anyone.
- Online payment information including card number and expiry date, is processed by WorldPay for further information visit www.worldpay.com/uk/privacy-policy
When you shop with us, browse or interact with our websites or attend one of our events,
we may collect:
- Payment information in order to fulfil the orders you make. Your payment card Information is stored securely, encrypted and password protected.
- Information about your purchases, for example; what you have bought, the quantities, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it.
- We track e-mail responses, and collect information about when you open, or click on one of our adverts or links within the email. We collect information about the devices you are using to access our online services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and any mobile device identifiers).
We do not record phone conversations.
How we use your personal information
The information you provide is used to:
- Fulfil your orders, and refunds where necessary.
- Allow us to transfer wines to and from our Private Client reserves.
- Access tastings tickets and any other services you may purchase from us.
- Inform you about events and promotions.
We will use your personal information as appropriate, to process your orders, set up and administer your account, to fulfil your orders, contact you as necessary and fulfil our legal and regulatory compliance responsibilities. Information about you is stored securely by us and will only be accessible to people that need to see it to carry out their job responsibilities.
We hold your information for as long as we deem necessary to fulfil our statuary obligations, you may request to have all information we store about you by contacting us, or you may request to have all information deleted.
Who we share your information with
We work with carefully selected third parties who are responsible for delivering certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, processing payments, mailing services and delivering your orders. We will only share personal data that enables our third parties to provide their services. When we share your personal data with these providers we require them to keep it safe and not keep it for any longer than they need to in order to perform their responsibilities.
Applying for a Job with us
If you are applying for a job with us, any personal information that is provided in this process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application. We will use your contact details to get in touch with you to progress the application and any other information to assess your suitability for the role for which you have applied. We do not share this information. Your information, usually a CV, maybe be retained so that we may consider you for any future positions. We will store your information electronically on email only, and ensure only those involved in the recruitment process are able to access it.
Under the terms of the current Data Protection legislation, you can request a copy of the details that we hold and process about you on our internal systems and that is processed by third parties on our behalf. Much of this information is already available in the My Account area of our website. If you would like anything additional to this, you will need to make a request in writing stating the purpose of your request, your name, contact address and email to:
The Company Secretary
HarperWells, 60-64 Ber Street, Norwich NR1 3EW
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is up to date and accurate. If any of the details are incorrect you are able to update them using your online account or by letting us know and we will amend them for you. You have the right to complain to the Regulator (Information Commissioner’s Office) if you believe HarperWells has not adequately addressed your concerns in a timely and satisfactory manner.